Everybody who is working in an ESD protected area have to observe certain rules of conduct to prevent damage, especially to ESD-sensitive electronic components, caused by electrostatic discharges. Successful compliance with effective ESD protection requires that employees are made aware of the subject of ESD, to ensure that the need for protective measures is understood as well as adhered to. To protect against damage caused by ESD in the electronics processing industry, international experts have drawn up standards that define the principles of ESD protection. The content of our training courses consistently follows the standards IEC 61340-5-1:2016and the German edition DIN EN 61340-5-1.
- Quality assurance in component handling and prevention of ESD damage
- Increased process reliability through qualified employees
- Competitive advantages through certified personnel
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Increased training success due to individual training pace
- Personal certificate after successful completion
- Easy access from anywhere and at any time - via desktop and mobile devices
- Easy and secure payment by credit card (Mastercard/Visa), bank transfer or invoice
Information regarding the ESD online training
Duration: approx. 60 minutes
Scope: 6 chapters plus final quiz
Runtime: Access to all course content for 12 months from date of purchase. After expiry, access to the course can be renewed/extended.
Certificate: Personal certificate issued to the account user after successful completion of the online training.
ESD basic training - what is it about?
In our ESD basics training you will be familiarised with all the important terminology and rules of conduct on the subject of ESD protection and electrostatic discharge. Our ESD expert Dirk Schwenner will show you the various possible dangers of electrostatic discharge using different examples and explain ways to avoid them.
The following key issues are addressed in this online training:
- What are important terms in the context of ESD?
- How does electrostatic discharge occur and what impact does it have?
- How is an EPA (ESD protection zone) set up?
- What rules of conduct must be observed in an EPA?
- What are process-relevant isolators?
- What packaging and clothing protects against ESD?
The various scenarios that can result in an electrostatic discharge and thus damage sensitive electronic components, for example, are presented with informative images and video material. Furthermore, the detailed audio transcription for each course section makes it possible to learn all the important details and information.
The pace of the training follows the participant, so that the online course can be conducted as individually as possible and according to individual needs. Our goal is to provide all participants with the broadest possible spectrum of ESD knowledge and to consolidate this through repetition. At the end of the online course there is a final questionnaire with questions on all the topics covered in the course. If necessary, it is also possible to repeat the course contents again in order to be able to prepare for the work in an EPA and the correct handling of ESD in the best possible way.
After the successful completion of the online training including the questionnaire, you will receive your personal certificate. This also confirms successful participation in the ESD basic training.
Our ESD online trainings have been created together with our certified ESD trainer, coordinator and technician Dirk Schwenner and are continuously updated. In terms of content, they consistently follow the standards IEC 61340-5-1:2016.